Join Al Spoler, of WYPR’s Cellar Notes and Radio Kitchen and MPT’s Maryland Farm & Harvest, for an exclusive tutorial on the basics of wine tasting, from the comfort of your own home.
- Al spent nearly 40 years in public broadcasting, working extensively in television and radio, and is a former producer/director at MPT. Over the years, he developed a keen interest in locally produced food and wine. He produced and hosted The Maryland Harvest, Chesapeake Wine Country, and Brewed on the Bay for MPT. He has traveled extensively in France, Italy, Spain, and Portugal, visiting vineyards and winemakers. An avid supporter of Maryland wines, he is the director of the Maryland Governor’s Cup Wine Competition. photo credit: Vickie Gray Images
- Our evening begins "virtually" at 7pm, with samplings of six different California wines, representing different varietals. You'll learn how wines differ by sight, aroma, and where they're produced, and what foods pair with them.
- Pairings Bistro will provide samplings of food for each wine, as well as a recipe for you to try at home, PLUS a coupon for a future visit.
INDIVIDUAL TICKETS are $100 each and include access to the virtual event, tastings of six different California wines per ticket, food pairings with each wine, wine glass, wine crackers, reusable insulated bag, coupon for Pairings Bistro. Proceeds benefit the Maryland Center for the Arts.
- CHARDONNAY SPONSORSHIP is $250 and includes TWO TICKETS to the virtual event, social media promotion, recognition at the event. Proceeds benefit the Maryland Center for the Arts.
- CABERNET SPONSORSHIP is $500 and includes FOUR TICKETS to the virtual event, social media promotion, recognition at the event, logo on event placemat and on MDCFA's website and newsletter. Proceeds benefit the Maryland Center for the Arts.
Sponsorship Deadline: Monday, March 15, 2021.
Individual Ticket Deadline: Friday, April 9, 2021.
Upon receipt of payment, appointment will be made for wine pickup at the Liriodendron Mansion, 502 W. Gordon St., Bel Air, and Zoom link will be shared.