Prospectus for Artists
2016 List of Juried Artists
Download PDF of Prospectus
Quick Draw Competition
Sponsorships and Program Ads
Collector's Preview Party
Deadline for Call for Entries: July 22, 2016
Notification of Jury Results: August 1, 2016
Festival Dates: October 10-15, 2016
Location: Painting throughout Harford County, MD
Gallery Sale and Awards Ceremony at Liriodendron Mansion, Bel Air, MD
Description: Harford Plein Air (October 10-15, 2016) invites artists from all over the U.S. to enter this second annual competition to create art in the “open air”. 30 competing artists, juried by Michele Byrne, will paint throughout Harford County, MD. Harford County offers artists picturesque landscapes adorned with sprawling horse farms, rambling hills, and expansive woodlands; bustling town centers; and historic harbor towns.
Art created during October 10-13th will be on display October 14th-15th at the Liriodendron Mansion in Bel Air, MD. There will be a Quick Draw Competition open to all artists in the Town of Bel Air on Saturday, October 15th 8am-1:30pm. Awards for the Quick Draw participants will be presented by Hai-Ou Hou.
Collectors can view and purchase artwork at the Liriodendron Mansion at the Collector's Preview Party (ticketed event) on Friday, October 14th at 7pm, or at the Public Gallery Sale on Saturday, October 15th 2pm-5pm. Awards for the competing artists will be presented by David Diaz, (Harford Plein Air Judge) on Saturday, October 15th at the Gallery Sale 2-5pm.
Scroll Down for Entry Rules and Terms.
Visit Event Schedule here.
Juror: Michele Byrne
Quick Draw Judge: Hai-Ou Hou
Harford Plein Air Judge: David Diaz
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Application fee is $25. You must pay your application fee using the online payment system after you have uploaded your information and images on EntryThingy for your entry to be accepted.
- Applicants must complete the application, payment, and release agreement for entries to be processed.
- On EntryThingy, upload 3 high quality images, in jpg format only, 1920 px on longest dimension and file size between 200kb and 3MB. The minimum width is 1400px.
- Images must be of recent plein air work, completed within the last two years, and painted without the use of photographs.
- Images must be labeled with # of the submitted work, artist's initials, and title (i.e. 1KM_EveningShadows.jpg, 2KM_Sunset.jpg, 3KM_BusyIntersection.jpg).
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Applications must be received by July 22, 2016. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- Images will be used at the discretion of the committee for publicity purposes.
- All applicants will be contacted by August 1, 2016 as to whether they are accepted in this competition.
Download Terms of Entry Here.