2020 Outdoor Quick Draw Competition
Special thanks to our Quick Draw Sponsors:
Community artists of all ages invited to participate in the Quick Draw Competition! Please read the details below and scroll down to REGISTER.
Art lovers are welcome to watch the artists painting (following social distancing) and purchase paintings through the Maryland Center for the Arts.
Saturday, September 19, 2020:
Designated Outdoor Areas in downtown Bel Air
(see Quick Draw Map)
Virtual Awards Ceremony: 6:00pm on Zoom
Awards Judge: Cynthia Rosen
(Zoom Meeting log-in credentials provided beforehand)
What is the Quick Draw Competition?
The Quick Draw Competition is a timed, 2-hour outdoor painting event, open to artists of all ages, for the fun opportunity to paint outdoor scenes for awards judging and sale.
After the Quick Draw, art sales will continue online on the Maryland Center for the Arts website until November 20, 2020. Artists receive 60% sales commission, and the remaining 40% will support the Maryland Center for the Arts' mission to build a visual and performing arts center in south Bel Air, Maryland.
Participating artists must register online by Friday, September 18 at 10:00am to secure a spot. Artist registration limited to 50 artists.
Information for Art Observers/Buyers:
The Quick Draw artists will be stationed outdoors with their paintings and easels along these streets in downtown Bel Air: Please follow social distancing guidelines when visiting the artists' stations.
How will artwork be sold?
Artwork will be sold through the Maryland Center for the Arts. Patrons can purchase art during the outdoor display period on Saturday, September 19 between 11:30am-1pm by calling or texting Amanda Pugh, Director of Operations, at 443-417-7504 to receive further instructions. After the Quick Draw, all available paintings will be displayed on the Maryland Center for the Arts website (on this web page) for online purchase. Check payments will also be accepted, made payable to Maryland Center for the Arts, with the artist's name in the memo line, and mailed to P.O. Box 687 Bel Air, MD 21014. Please email Amanda at email@example.com or call 443-417-7504 to ensure painting is available before mailing a check to purchase a painting.
Painting Sales Commission:
Artists receive 60% of the sale price, and 40% directly supports the Maryland Center for the Arts' mission to build a visual and performing arts center in Bel Air for performances, art exhibits, educational workshops, and other events for the community to enjoy.
How can I attend the Quick Draw Awards Ceremony?
The Quick Draw Awards Ceremony with awards judge Cynthia Rosen will be held virtually on Zoom at 6:00pm on Saturday, September 19, 2020. The log-in credentials will be made available to the public on this web page.
How to participate as an artist:
1. Register online to secure your spot, before Sept 18 at 5pm.
2. Bring your own art supplies including: standing easel, canvas, frame for the canvas, paint brushes, paints, palette, painting apron, and water. Art mediums are: acrylic, watercolor, oil, and pastel.
3. Set-up your Painting Station in Designated Areas: Artists may set-up to paint along any of the designated areas in downtown Bel Air. See Quick Draw Painting Map Here.
4. Submit Time-Stamped Photos: Take a time-stamped photo of your blank canvas before painting begins at 9:00am and send it to the designated representative along with your painting location. Take another time-stamped photo during the middle of the painting process and again when the painting is complete. All painting must stop at 11:00am.
5. Outdoor Display and Sale: At 11:00am, frame your painting, and take your framed painting and easel to the designated outdoor area for display/sale (it will be socially distanced). All art sales must be handled by a Maryland Center for the Arts' representative. Public display/sale will occur until 1:00pm, after which, everyone will pack up and take their paintings with them.
6. Virtual Awards Ceremony: Photos of the finished paintings will be send to the awards judge for online judging, and the virtual awards ceremony will occur on Zoom at 6:00pm on Saturday September 19. Zoom log-in instructions will be sent to all participants. Awards will be mailed to the award winners.
7. Website Display and Sale: Photos of the paintings will be displayed on the Maryland Center for the Arts website' for display and sale until November 20. Art sales are facilitated through the Maryland Center for the Arts only. Any shipping costs will be paid by the art buyer. Artists receive 60% sales commission and 40% of sales support the Maryland Center for the Arts' mission to build a visual and performing arts center in south Bel Air, MD.
Questions? Contact Amanda Pugh at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443-417-7504.